ERChealth, Paladina Health Announce Alliance
(CLEVELAND, Ohio) - ERChealth and Paladina Health announced Aug. 1 an alliance to offer an innovative Direct Primary Care option for ERChealth employees and families in Ohio. Direct Primary Care (DPC) is an innovative alternative payment model improving access to high functioning healthcare with a simple, flat, affordable membership fee. The defining element of DPC is an enduring and trusting relationship between a patient and his or her primary care provider. This new ERChealth option named PCP+ (Personal Care Physicians) provides employees of ERChealth companies’ access to Paladina Health doctor’s offices in Northeast Ohio.
Paladina Health’s direct primary care model components include:
- $0 co-pays and no increase in premium costs for participating individuals
- Little to no wait time to see a physician
- Unlimited visits
- 24/7 access to a personal physician, who is available 24/7 via phone for urgent needs and is accountable to develop strong patient satisfaction, engagement and health measures
- Comfortable physician offices where patients can get multiple needs met in the same visit
- A broad range of medical care that includes primary and preventive care, personalized chronic condition support, and assistance to patients in navigating and coordinating specialty, outpatient, and hospital-based care
The Paladina Health option is in addition to ERChealth’s existing spectrum of plan options. The ERChealth PCP+ option will provide employees’ unparalleled access and service from primary care physicians.
Underwritten by Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield, ERChealth’s success has been built around taking an innovative approach to risk awareness and cost containment. This has allowed ERChealth member companies to enjoy the lowest renewal increases in the industry.
The Paladina Health alliance with ERChealth and the PCP+ option provides the next level of risk management, cost containment and service delivery uncommon in the health insurance industry.
For 18 years, ERChealth member companies have become accustomed to:
- A commitment to working with employees to stay healthy, understand their risks and building resources for them when they need to improve their health,
- Continue to establish relationships with primary care physicians to reward employers with opportunities to lower their renewals by as much as 5%,
- Focusing on rewarding member companies for achieving high levels of wellness activity engagement,
- Assisting member companies to receive a 0% or a negative renewal year after year,
- Continuing to expand our unique Provider Networks which includes ALL of the Major Healthcare Systems, allowing ERChealth to establish exclusive relationships and benefit design,
- Supporting member companies with the ERChealth Wellness team of consultants, coaches, physicians, and nurses.
Pat Perry, ERC President comments, “With this latest expansion of ERChealth, we continue to pioneer new ways to offer health insurance solutions for the middle market in Ohio that really work, saving over $200 million dollars for our members. Today, employers and employees are seeking choice and effective approaches to managing corporate sponsored health insurance programs. I am proud that ERChealth continues to deliver. Paladina Health is a great fit for us and we look to expand Paladina Health offices throughout the State of Ohio over the next year.”
Says Jennifer Bajaj, MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer with Paladina Health, “The relationship we’ve built with ERChealth provides a great opportunity to enhance healthcare options for small and mid-sized businesses. Additionally, it further enables our care teams to continue delivering high quality primary care services to families in northeast Ohio.”
ERChealth is underwritten by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield and is offered to Ohio companies with at least 51 benefit eligible employees. The program is designed to provide organizations with access, services, support and tools necessary to lower risk and manage costs. ERChealth is sponsored by ERC which is based in Highland Heights, Ohio. For more information, visit http://www.ERChealth.com and http://www.yourERC.com.
About Paladina Health:
Paladina Health, a subsidiary of healthcare services company DaVita Inc., is a physician-access model of healthcare that improves patient care and satisfaction by providing convenient and unhurried patient-centered care and a broad scope of services. Employers who offer Paladina Health to their employees aim to provide the highest-quality benefits while keeping a long-range view of improving the health and wellness of their covered population. For more information, visit http://www.paladinahealth.com.
About DaVita Inc.:
DaVita Inc., a Fortune 500® company, is the parent company of DaVita Kidney Care and DaVita Medical Group. DaVita Kidney Care is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. As of June 30, 2017, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,445 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 194,600 patients. The company also operated 217 outpatient dialysis centers located in 11 countries outside the United States. DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Washington in its pursuit to deliver excellent-quality health care in a dignified and compassionate manner. DaVita Medical Group’s teammates, employed clinicians and affiliated clinicians provided care for approximately 1.7 million patients. For more information, please visit http://www.DaVita.com/About.