Renewed Interest in Onsite and Near-site Clinics Podcast
Paladina Health Vice President of National Business Development, Karen Hjerleid, explains why employers and benefit advisers are increasingly looking at onsite and near-site clinics as a means of bending the trend of rising healthcare costs and poor outcomes.
Hjerleid explores some of the root causes of our healthcare cost crisis and the impact—or non-impact—of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on reversing this trend. She explains how rising costs have led to a renewed interest in employer-sponsored health clinics and how these clinics themselves are evolving from an initial focus on occupational health to the current Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) model.
Plan advisers can learn about what types of organizations are most likely to benefit from onsite and near-site clinics, how empowering primary care providers has been proven to reduce costs and how improved data access and sharing can lead to innovations in clinical treatment and disease management.
LISTEN TO LEARN:
- How the fee-for-service (FFS) reimbursement model has negatively impacted primary care delivery, healthcare spending and overall health outcomes
- How the role of onsite clinics is changing
- The importance of including dependents in onsite/near-site plan design
- How the PCMH model impacts cost and care quality
- What size organization can benefit from onsite or near-site clinics
- The benefits of robust data sharing between clinics and carriers
To learn how Paladina Health has helped employers nationwide drive cost savings, improved employee health and increased productivity with onsite and near-site clinics, contact us online or call 1-866-808-6005.