UCAR is pleased to offer Paladina Health membership in Boulder and Broomfield, Colorado. Your enrollment gives you access to convenient and personal healthcare—conveniently located on Folsom Street in Boulder and Airport Way in Broomfield, Colorado.
Learn more about your UCAR benefit. View this short webinar replay for details.
Meet Your Doctors
Primarily located at the Boulder clinic
Dr. David Malfese has been practicing Family Medicine for more than 12 years. He earned his medical degree from Southern Illinois University and completed his Family Practice Residency at the Medical College of Wisconsin in 2001. He began his career practicing Family Medicine at the only clinic in a small Wisconsin town where, because of limited access to specialists, he would often admit and care for his own patients in the community hospital. Prior to joining Paladina Health, Dr. Malfese worked for the Marshfield Clinic in Wausau, WI for eight years where he focused on outpatient clinical care for all ages and served as Department Chair for one year.
Dr. Malfese went into family medicine because he "enjoys developing relationships and connecting with patients" and is excited about the Paladina Health practice. He is married with one step daughter and three adopted Dachshunds. He enjoys watching movies, riding motorcycles and hiking. In addition, he plays many instruments and loves creating music. Make sure to ask him about the Beatles!
Primarily located at the Broomfield clinic
Dr. Lisa Brone is a board certified physician in both Family Practice and Sports Medicine with over 19 years of clinical experience. Dr. Brone received her medical degree from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. She completed her residency in Family Medicine at Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital in Greensboro, NC and her fellowship in Primary Care Sports Medicine at Sports Medicine Grant in Columbus, OH.
Dr. Brone was the owner of her own clinic, Family and Sports Medicine of Boulder Valley from 2009 to 2013. Prior to that, she was a team physician and instructor at the University of Colorado at Boulder for five years and served as a team physician at Virginia Tech for three years. She has extensive experience as a locums tenens physician around the country, including serving high need populations on Indian Reservations in Alaska and Arizona.
Dr. Raoul Muse is a primary care physician at Paladina Health in Denver, Colorado. He is board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine and is a member of multiple professional organizations, including the American Academy of Family Practice and the American Medical Association. Prior to practicing at the Paladina Health clinic in downtown Denver, Dr. Muse served as the Site Leader at St Joseph Outreach Clinic in Richmond, Virginia, where he provided comprehensive health care to all ages, including gynecological care and minor procedures.
Dr. Kristianna Roberts is a primary care physician at Paladina Health™ in Denver, Colorado. She obtained her American Board of Family Medicine certification in 2008 and is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Academy of Family Physicians, the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians and the American Osteopathic Association.
Prior to joining the Paladina Health clinic team in downtown Denver, Dr. Roberts practiced as a primary care physician in Massachusetts at Hawthorn Medical Associates. She was able to provide a full spectrum of outpatient care, from neonatal to geriatrics.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is Paladina Health?
- Paladina Health is a first-line option for UCAR patients to gain access and control over their primary care.
Q: How do I contact my physician?
- Members schedule appointments on a dedicated appointment line.
- Enjoy 24/7 access to their personal Paladina physician by phone and email.
- Online scheduling will be coming soon.
Q: Can I expect the latest in preventive care and the most relevant technology?
- Driven by patient-centric tools and options, Paladina Health allows members to take charge of their health. We strive to offer the very latest in clinical outcomes and innovative tools to provide measurable results.
Q: Who is eligible to participate in Paladina Health services?
- All UCAR employees and their dependents participating in the Cigna High Deductible Health Plan are eligible for Paladina Health services.
Q: What if I currently participate in the Kaiser HMO plan?
- Employees enrolled in UCAR’s Kaiser Plan are unable to participate in Paladina Health services. The Kaiser plan provides participants with services only within their network.
Q: What does joining Paladina Health mean to the employee?
- UCAR participants can schedule same day or next-day appointments.
- Minimal wait time to see your doctor.
- Joining Paladina Health provides participants 24/7 access to a personal physician’s email and phone.
- Full scope of services offered at our two clinic locations.
Q: Are there fees for each visit?
- Paladina Health Clinic services may be used as much or as little as necessary every month.
Q: What is the Paladina Health services cost to participants and how does it coordinate with the Cigna High Deductible Health Plan?
- All preventive care is covered at no charge.
- All non-preventive services are competitively priced and reimbursable with HSA funds.
- Participants are responsible for non-preventive care visits until the Cigna HDHP deductible and out-of-pocket maximum is met.
Q: What are the qualifications of the physician?
- Paladina physicians are board certified in Family Medicine and welcome patients of all ages. Paladina physicians are trained on a wide array of disciplines ranging from acute care to chronic disease management and lifestyle counseling.
Q: Do Paladina physicians perform routine tests, such as strep?
- Yes, in addition to a wide array of tests and basic procedures. A full list of labs and assessments are available in your Welcome Kit.
Q: Does Paladina Health offer prescription management?
- Yes, Paladina clinics often stock commonly used prescriptions as an added convenience to our patients. Many commonly prescribed medications are available onsite as a low cost option.
Q: Can I continue a relationship with my current primary care physician and specialists?
- Yes, you can continue your current primary care relationships. Paladina Health is committed to the finest care, convenience, and cost. If this motivates you to switch your care to Paladina Health, we would prefer to be your first line solution.
Q: How do employees learn more about and enroll with Paladina Health?
- Our Paladina team will offer onsite informational meetings at the UCAR facilities.
This will include:
Town Hall Information Sessions
One-on-one “Meet the Physician” Sessions
Ongoing Health Initiatives
Member Services Hotline for additional assistance
To learn more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-808-6005.